FakeJonathan Twitter Updates

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Bring it, Cowboy!


You know, I was all set to have a great week. How could it go wrong with a couple of days in the Big Apple? All I had to do was schmooze some analysts, shake some hands, drink some good wine, and maybe even check out a show on Broadway.

Well, that was before these frigtards at NetApp dropped a lawsuit on us. And the fact that I first heard about this from an analyst? That kind of shit really damages my calm.

Let me give you the straight poop on this lawsuit. We've made Net Tap obsolete with our thumper storage servers and ZFS. They're toast. Done. Outta here. History.

This doesn't set well with Net Tap. They want keep breathing. And honestly, we feel bad about this. We share a lot of customers and they hired a lot of people that we RIFFED over the last seven years.

I should have expected this from that Brokeback founder of theirs. The bio for David Hitz says:


"Before his career in the computer industry, Hitz worked as a cowboy, where he got valuable management experience by herding, branding, and castrating cattle."


No wonder he has the cajones to take us on. The son of a bitch probably transplanted the biggest pair he could find.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have to remember that ZFS is released under Common Development and Distribution License (CDDL)[1]

Doing anything more than declaratory judgment action, will trigger section 6.2 of CDDL to apply.

1. http://www.opensolaris.org/os/licensing/opensolaris_license/

Anonymous said...

When are you going to step aside, Jonathan, and let someone with real vision and leadership skills run Sun?

Unknown said...

I don't want to run Sun!

http://fakesteveballmer.blogspot.com

Fake Scott said...

Mr Ballmer, they are talking about ME to come back to ruin, I mean, to run Sun, but as I appointed Jonathan to the job I'll support it (or at least I'll let you think so ;-) ).

Hmmm, litigation again... sweet smell of war in the air...

 
Site Meter