FakeJonathan Twitter Updates

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Boring is Good For HP?


Sometimes this industry just bums me out. I don't know what it is--business has been improving at Sun. Server market share, profitability, gross margin--it's all up, up, up.

As CEOs go, I think I am pretty upbeat, the kind of guy you'd invite to a barebque, even. This is no accident; I try to make sure that all my press pics show me smiling.

But this week, it was the news that pissed me off. I was all set to read the story about how boring HP is, but when I get there, it turns out that the reporter thinks it is a good thing for their bottom line.

And I'm like, wait a minute, since when does this country embrace boring? What kind of people are these IT buyers that think HP is the way to go? What books do they read? What color are their cars?

The answers are all around you. In fact, they were at the last barbeque you went to. But if you're like me, you never even tried to remember their names.

No comments:

 
Site Meter